We Recommend Buying from Amazon.com – A Trusted Online Retailer,
Founded in Seattle, Washington in 1994.
Korg Kronos X 88-Key Music Workstation
The Kronos music workstation was unveiled in 2011. Everyone who experiences its sound reacts with astonishment at how far electronic musical instruments have come — followed, no doubt, by the thought “what can possibly follow this?!” But, in the year since its inception, KORG has continued to release system updates and additional Kronos Sound Libraries, bringing the Kronos to an even higher state of perfection. Rather than resting on its laurels in 2012, the Kronos continued to evolve. Boosting its internal memory capacity and the size of its SSD, as well as enhancing its sampler functionality, we have included more of the latest technology in order to make the Kronos the ultimate workstation. Fittingly, its new name adds an “X” to indicate its unknown potential. Ready to take off into the unknown future of sound we present the Kronos X music workstation.
- A peerless synthesizer containing nine sound engines, including: realistic piano, richly expressive electric piano, tonewheel organ, digital synthesis, and powerful analog/physical modeling.
- Approximately 2GB of available PCM RAM and a doubled SSD capacity of 62 GB allow support for gigantic sound library expansions, such as the Kronos Sound Libraries and the KARO Sound Libraries.
- The user Sample Bank feature allows users to create extremely large sample libraries that take advantage of the generous PCM RAM and SSD capacity.
- Numerous artist signature sounds created by top musicians are included, letting you make the sounds of classic songs your very own.
- KARMA, the Open Sampling System, and the on-board sequencer offers 16 MIDI tracks + 16 audio tracks
- Use up to 16 premium-quality effects at once; individual effects rival dedicated units
- Performance Power!
- Set List screen provides single-touch selection, regardless of mode
- Smooth Sound Transition: this often-requested feature allows held or sustained notes to keep sounding when changing sounds or modes.
- Support for USB MIDI and Korg USB pad controllers, including the Korg nano series and microKEY series
- Support for the Kronos Editor and Plug-in Editor software
- USB Ethernet adapter compatibility enables high-speed data communication between the Kronos X and your computer
- Available with 61, 73 or 88 keys
- 73 and 88 key models feature Korg’s finest RH3 Graded Hammer Action.
- Comprehensive interface, based around a large 8 inches TFT TouchView display
A peerless synthesizer packed with nine sound engines – including realistic piano, richly expressive electric piano, tonewheel organ, digital synthesis, and powerful analog/physical modeling – all in a single unit. The Kronos X Music Workstation is the single instrument designed for live performing musicians; for artists creating music in a studio or computer-based production environment; and for musicians and sound designers seeking the ultimate synthesizer. In creating Kronos X, we have listened to many musicians and have heard their requests. And Kronos X delivers.
The Krono X doubles both the PCM RAM capacity to approximately 2GB and the SSD capacity to 62GB. The Kronos Sound Library and KARO Sound Library expansions enhance the value of the Kronos X. Since the Kronos appeared, Kronos Sound Library expansions have continued to be released. In order to let you take full advantage of these libraries, which offer selections with a different flavor than the preload programs in the Kronos, the Kronos X doubles both the PCM RAM capacity to approximately 2GB and the SSD capacity to 62GB. Starting in March 2012, the KARO Sound Libraries from the German company KARO Sound Development have joined the list with twenty titles already available, further enhancing the value of the Kronos X. The Kronos X also contains the EXs 10 – 13 expansion sample series of Kronos Sound Libraries pre-installed in demo mode. After you’ve tried them out, you can obtain these rich sounds for yourself by simply purchasing a license key.
Premium-quality effects suite – use up to 16 effects simultaneously Kronos X provides 16 internal effects to add impact to your sonic creations. Each of the 12 Insert effects can be applied to individual or multiple timbres in a combination, or to individual or multiple tracks of the sequencer. In addition, two Master effects can be applied to sends 1/2, and two Total effects can be applied to all tracks at the final stage of the sound. Each effect offers 185 distinct effect types, covering every possible sound-shaping need. Examples include a high-resolution reverb, chorus, delay, guitar amp and cabinet modeling, and even vocoding. Each effect provides up to 72 adjustable parameters, as well as numerous real-time modulation possibilities, delivering outstanding versatility. A separate three-band EQ is provided for every timbre, for every sequencer track, and for every audio track for adjusting subtle tonal balances or for creatively modifying the overall sound.
RH3 real weighted hammer action keyboard for both 88-key and 73-key. The 88-key model of the Kronos X features the same RH3 real weighted hammer action keyboard that’s used on KORG’s upper-end piano models and on the SV-1. The hammer weighting is graded, providing a heavier feel in the lower register and a lighter feel in the upper register, just as on a grand piano, offering superb playability. Boldly, the 73-key model also features this same RH3 keyboard, creating a more compact and transportable instrument that still provides superior piano and electric piano sounds teamed with an authentic piano touch. Kronos X is notable for its slim design, showing an integration of function and design.
Share this page